Last updated August 11, 2022
We are open at full capacity, in accordance with Washington State and King County recommendations.
Note that while we will attempt to minimize risks as much as possible, there is no way that risk can be completely eliminated. Members of high-risk populations should still stay home until they are vaccinated. All students will be required to sign a waiver agreeing to our COVID-19 mitigation policies.
The following list includes all policies which we recommend that all students and visitors adhere to..
Surfaces and Objects
- We recommend that customers pay their bills online through our membership system. In person, our credit card terminal supports contactless payments such as tap-and-go and Apple Pay. When paying in person with a credit card, signatures are not required.
- Street shoes will not be permitted on the fencing floor. Please bring your athletic shoes with you and put them on in the lobby or changing room.
- We recommend that all students bring a water bottle with them. Please put your name on your water bottle!
- In the weight room, all equipment must be sanitized before and after use, using the sanitizing spray provided.
Hygiene and Screening
- Masks are optional for everyone while in the building for classes, lessons, and open fencing.
- Masks are no longer required during tournaments.
- All standard CDC recommendations (hand washing, control coughs and sneezes, stay home if any symptoms, etc.) are in place.
- Frequent hand washing is recommended. We have installed no-contact faucets and soap dispensers in the restrooms. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Fencers who have their own gear should bring it, use it, take it home every day, and wash/disinfect it after each use.
- If you need to borrow any club gear temporarily, place it in the black to-be-disinfected box after use to be disinfected and/or laundered.
- Group class fees include use of club equipment. All equipment is identified and placed in separate bins for each student so no equipment is shared.
- We strongly recommend that students purchase their own gear, or at least their own glove and mask, after their first month of classes. We will do our best to maintain our retail inventory at appropriate levels.
- After 2 months of classes, if you choose to continue using club equipment, there will be a $25/month rental fee to help cover the cost of maintenance.