2023 Summer Camps:
En Garde! Ready? Fence!
We offer weekly half-day camps for kids and teenagers during the summer. We teach the basics — footwork, bladework and rules — in a safe, positive, air-conditioned environment. Fencers new and returning will get plenty of opportunities to use their new skills in sparring situations.
We teach foil and epee fencing in all of our camps. We have Beginning/Continuing camps for students with little or no previous experience, and Intermediate camps for fencers with a year or more of experience.
Ready to sign up? Head on over to our online membership portal.
9:00 AM – 12:00 noon
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
|July 10-14||Beginning/Continuing Kids||Beginning/Continuing Juniors|
|July 17-21||Beginning/Continuing Kids|
|July 24-28||Beginning/Continuing Kids||Beginning/Continuing Juniors|
|July 31-August 4||Beginning/Continuing Kids||Beginning/Continuing Juniors|
|August 7-11||Beginning/Continuing Kids|
|August 14-18||Competitive Foil||Competitive Foil|
|August 21-25||Beginning/Continuing Kids|
Our summer camps divide campers by age and level of fencing experience:
- Beginning/Continuing camps: No previous fencing experience required. Also appropriate for students who have had a week or two of beginning camp or a month or two of after-school classes.
- Intermediate camps: For students who have fenced before and have a year or more of fencing instruction. Focus is on sparring and learning about different competition formats. Instructor approval is required before signing up for these camps.
- Competitive camps: For competitive fencers of all levels. There is a morning session and an all-day session. Competitive camps include include physical training, technique, tactics, psychology, and more. Instructor approval is required before signing up for these camps.
Age Ranges and Camp Hours
Our Kids sessions are designed for smaller and younger children, ages 8-11. Junior sessions are for older students, but kids as young as 11 are welcome to sign up. Our all-day partner camps are for ages 8-11. All fencing sessions meet for 3 hours a day: 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon, or 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
What to Bring
We provide all fencing-related equipment. Students should bring the following:
- Sweat pants or athletic warmups
- Clean-soled athletic shoes with laces
- A healthy snack for break time
- Water bottle if desired
Changing rooms and day lockers are available for changing into appropriate clothing. Students with previous experience who have their own fencing gear are welcome to bring it.
The total fee for a half-day camp is $350. The all-day Intermediate/Competitive camp is $650. This includes a non-refundable signup fee of $50 per enrollment.
You can pay online with a credit card, you may call us with a credit card number, or send a check or credit card number by mail. The signup fee is due upon registration; the balance of the camp fee is due the first day of camp.
A few days before the camp, we will send you an email with more information and confirming the date and time. If you register for a camp which is full, you will be notified and placed on a waiting list. We will let you know whether any spaces open up before the camp starts.
Early registration discount: Sign up before April 1st, 2023 and receive a $30 discount off the balance of your camp fee!